Mission Statement [+ show][- hide]
Allyu (ah-yū), the Quechua word for community, represents our commitment to the ever- evolving needs of our clients, ourselves, and the earth that sustains us. This word encapsulates the philosophy of Allyu, and serves as a beacon as we interact with each other and our world.
Our gift within our community is safe space, superior treatments, resources, education, and products to promote health and well-being.
- We believe in treating ourselves, each other and the earth with care and respect.
- We believe we are all part of a community and our actions affect the whole.
- We believe we each possess the power to create change, manifest our destiny and move away from that which does not serve us.
- We believe each person is imbued with innate gifts—all are equal, unique and honored.
- We believe our individuality can be expressed and appreciated within the structure that creates safety and order.
- We believe each person creates their own healing. We can create safe place for healing to occur and support one in initiating a journey. The choice of how to move forward on that journey is a personal decision, honored without judgment.
- We believe in embracing all people regardless of ethnicity, religious belief, gender, economic status or sexual orientation. Our world is beautiful and diverse.
- We believe in providing educational resources and creating community to inspire new ideas that support growth and whole person well-being.
- We believe in encouraging innovation and empowered decision making.
- We believe our actions, products and services should always embody excellence.
- We believe creating a healing space, caring respectfully for others, and ourselves customer satisfaction and profit goals can all be achieved together.
Our Space [+ show][- hide]
Our space was created sustainably, with respect for the earth’s limited resources and in celebration of its natural splendor. Textured clay plaster, mesquite and cork floors, reclaimed barnwood, walls of Wisconsin field stones, and adobe cob seating remind us that no compromise is needed to achieve beauty while remaining conscious of our planet.
The heart of Allyu is our relaxation area: a place for reflection and transition before or after a treatment. The internal shape represents the Chakana: an Andean symbol representing balance, oneness, and honor for the earth.
Conscious Business [+ show][- hide]
At Allyu, we embrace the interconnectedness of humankind and our affect on each other and our planet. This includes a commitment to sustainable business practices and a daily awareness of our impact on each other. From ecologically responsible retail partners and an extensive recycling program to free monthly meditations for our community, we strive to always operate with awareness and gratitude.
Our Favorite Press [+ show][- hide]
Chicago Magazine February 2012
Best Day Spas in Chicago (http://www NULL.chicagomag NULL.com/Chicago-Magazine/February-2012/Best-Day-Spas-in-Chicago/index NULL.php?cparticle=3&siarticle=2)
Best of Chicago 2012 (http://www NULL.chicagoreader NULL.com/chicago/best-place-to-buy-your-significant-other-a-gift-certificate/BestOf?oid=6695137)
Haute Magazine . Com
Relax: The Top 5 Spas in Chicago (http://www NULL.hauteliving NULL.com/2010/12/relax-the-top-5-spas-in-chicago/)
Allyu Spa’s Sustainable, Alternative Treatment (http://www NULL.dailycandy NULL.com/chicago/article/122672/Allyu-Spa-River-Wests-Most-Sustainable-Spa)
Employment [+ show][- hide]
We are always looking for individuals to join our community. If you have a minimum of two years industry experience and are interested in working with us, please email your resume to email@example.com.
Community Donations [+ show][- hide]
Allyu loves giving back to the community. Due to the marked increase for donation requests we have created a donation schedule. Please read the details below:
- Donation requests may be brought to the attention of Allyu’s manager Elizabeth Renard via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by postal mail.
- Final decisions regarding donations are made bi-annually in March and September only. Please make note in the request letter if you would like to be considered for the Spring or Fall donation budget.
- You will be notified between March 10th-15th (Spring) or September 10th-15th (Fall) if we are able to donate to your benefit.